the unwanted experience  

Posted by olbi in , ,

June 25, 2008, Wednesday, the date I should not forget in my entire life. On that day, I had no presence of mind that’s why unwanted things happened during my clinical exposure at the intensive care unit. I admit, I was so very much super, to the highest extent, DUMB because simple monitoring of vital signs was not perfected. That’s why, my infant patient, living under the power of epinephrine and potassium chloride and many other medications experienced cardiac arrest and I wasn’t even able to approach anyone for it. Crazy things happen all the time but having to experience it in a hospital setting is way much different, I tell you. I don’t know if it was my fault, or what, but what I really know is…I’m overwhelmed by my conscience. The guilt embedded in my mind and soul makes me weaker and weaker each day as many other problems accompany the situation. I am depressed and still am trying to suppress that feeling within me. However, no matter how I try to be stronger, there will always be the unknown ‘thing’ that drains my energy. Hence, I wind up doing nothing for myself, disrupting my daily activities. Honestly, I’m already a miserable person, and I don’t want to experience more misery in my life because my small brain cannot handle all those emotions. I thought, after I sleep, everything will be OK, yet I was wrong, for sleeping is merely palliative. I intend to make it up this time since our group will again be exposed to the same area. I pray and will always be asking for strength and guidance as I will take good care of critical children. I don’t want to inflict pain to other people, and if somebody powerful could manipulate all things, I can accept various forms of pain but I’ll ask that somebody to save those who don’t deserve it.

This entry was posted on Saturday, June 28, 2008 at Saturday, June 28, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

0 comments