Enduring the Torch Relay  

Posted by olbi in ,

I had a new discovery (that should have been known for a long time) concerning this year’s Summer Olympic Games. I watched live from one of the international news channel about the flame-lighting ceremony held in Olympia, Greece and I was surprised knowing that the Olympic flame should be ignited several months (like five months) before the actual or opening celebration of the Summer Games. There is this traditional torch relay in which the flame should keep on burning while carried by selected runners or athletes who would travel at about 85,000 miles across several countries. The Olympic Torch Relay will only end on the day of the opening ceremony to be held in a stadium specifically in Beijing, China. Hence, the torch was lit recently and it should keep on blazing until this August. This whole thing is new to me because all I know, there is a chosen and well-known athlete who would basically bring the torch, implying that the games will have to start. Behind that straightforward thinking of mine, I haven’t grasped the idea that the Olympics seem to undergo processes before the actual event will take place. I’m glad that I actually switched the channel to that live telecast of this important and highlighted event of the year.

This entry was posted on Thursday, March 27, 2008 at Thursday, March 27, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

0 comments