patient relationship  

Posted by olbi in ,

This week’s exposure to the hospital has been memorable because I have established rapport with my patients. Each day, I enjoy myself conversing with them. No matter how stressful or tiring my body was, I tried my best to accompany these patients because I believe promoting divertional activity will aid in temporarily suppressing their emotions about their current condition. Being able to talk personally with my patients is what I do best... I guess… and it’s just amazing how we, who were once strangers, suddenly became friends. Establishing friendship is great and it makes me sad how some people could be unfortunate enough with their lives. I sympathize almost always to my patients and if I could only do something to help them. However, as a student nurse, what you can merely offer is your presence as an active listener, showing that you’re strong so that those patients will realize that hope is still out there, no matter what situation they’re in.

This entry was posted on Saturday, April 26, 2008 at Saturday, April 26, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

0 comments