nurse's prayer  

Posted by olbi in ,

I usually pray the nurse's prayer whenever i'm in need of guidance to pursue my nursing career.When everything seems to be doubtful and problematic, all i think and ask for is to be guided, for there will always be moments in a student's life when she wanted to quit and resort to other alternatives. With all the other personal prayers i offer, the nurse's prayer becomes a habit of mine to recite and keep in mind because the words or the message behind this prayer is very strong and sincere, inspiring every individual to keep on going despite the stressors surrounding him or her. moreover, the lines highlighted below are my favorite ones in the prayer that makes me happy, always, every time i come in contact with my Lord.


NURSE’S PRAYER


O Divine Healer,

Guide me to be the nurse I ought to be,

who, with great care and compassion,

with gentle touch and affection,

Nurse those whom you can entrust to me.


If in the journey of my profession,

I stumble, fall, and wither,

Lift me, assist me, carry me,

and be my source of strength, courage and divinity.


Let every word, deed, and thought

be filled with patience, love, and serenity.

Lead me the way, O Lord,

To the path, not to selfishness, but to generosity

and that, through me, may this calling be,

a vocation and an offering to You,

the Great Miracle Worker. Amen.

This entry was posted on Sunday, April 27, 2008 at Sunday, April 27, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

0 comments