stupidity  

Posted by olbi in , ,

Summer class has started and the first rotation of our exposure to hospitals just ended. Recently, we had our case presentation and it was all about ‘end-stage renal disease secondary to diabetic nephropathy’. It was a pretty good experience to present that type of diagnosis because our group was assigned to a jolly clinical instructor. He was also smart to the point that many questions were formulated. Then I was assigned to that difficult part of the case, namely the pathophysiology which was done by my group mate. When it’s my turn to report, I was so stupid to forget about our lesson in diabetes (since our case was highly related to that specific disease). In front of my clinical instructor, I felt so dumb, seriously, because…I experienced flat affect then my mind went blank…totally, the spaces of my brain were filled with air and it’s like my brain cells were extracted. As a result, I don’t know what I was discussing and questions were thrown in front of me…to the point that we wasted so much time on my part. Oh well…maybe all of us can experience to be empty and stupid in front of someone…and my advice to you…just smile…and be confident to stand in front (don’t cry…)

This entry was posted on Sunday, April 20, 2008 at Sunday, April 20, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

0 comments