Sunday Mass  

Posted by olbi in ,

Today, I just missed Sunday mass. I don’t exactly know why (though I woke up early to prepare myself) but maybe I’m not in the mood to attend or I’m just lazy enough to stand on my own. Then I was thinking deeply…I will only render an hour of my day to God and yet I still can’t fulfill this responsibility. It’s my own loss I guess. However, I already said to my father I will attend mass but only in school, during school days. I don’t know why I like it in school but at least, I am compensating for not going today… yes, I usually attend masses on my own... I even walk and visit one prominent and old church in my city just to light up candles and pray. I guess, I’m just fond of doing things without someone’s company; I independently do my religious duty because I could pray wholeheartedly and undisturbed; I attend masses on time unlike when we go to mass on Sundays.

Also, I observe that some adults merely go to mass because they are mandated to. When the gospel and homily were being proclaimed or shared, there were some who were not listening because you can see them sleeping, watching over their kids, or chattering with the person beside them. It’s as though they were physically present but not spiritually and emotionally devoted. And that’s what I want to avoid. When I attend masses on my own, I attentively listen to every word uttered by the priest and at the end of the day, I’m inspired of what I learned in the mass. I’m happy being this type of person who learns from the good news of God. Its just that, long before, I was that typical person who merely attend masses physically, and my mind was wandering somewhere. Now, things have changed. I have changed. I’m hoping that others could change too…

This entry was posted on Sunday, April 20, 2008 at Sunday, April 20, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

0 comments