great exercise  

Posted by olbi in ,

Early this morning I went biking, from our far far away home to kilometers away landmark in Davao. First, I prepared myself by sleeping early and waking up early as well. I cooked my breakfast and drank my cup of coffee so that I’ll have the energy to push myself on riding my bike. Then, I stretched my body to avoid muscle cramping and of course to warm up myself. It was delightful during the ride because the weather was cold, there was no traffic, and I was able to fulfill my plan of exercising through biking. So, I went to many places… somewhere my wheels can take me… and it was awkward seeing other people looking at me when jeepneys or other vehicles pass by (maybe they were just amazed how a woman can do all the biking on the main road). Normally, only men of different ages, outfits, builts, with various types of bicycles do all the biking in my city. Hence, you can rarely find a woman riding her bike (like me!).

Anyhow, it took me at least two hours to tour around and buy some food (yum2x!). In the middle of the hour, I almost surrendered. My body was too tired to manipulate the pedals and I’m out of water supply. However, I diverted those feelings by turning on the radio (which is part of my cell phone). With earphones in, I then surpass the tiresome moments by exerting more effort to pedal around. So, with the beat of the music and my goal to go home and rest, I started biking again. go go go! During those two hours of wandering around the city, I have encountered the sunrise. It was all over me… I was like refreshed when the rays of the sun was absorbed by my damp body… by the way, do you know that the sunrise is also good for our body? I mean, it was known that vitamin D can be synthesized by the body in the presence of sunlight and this in turn will aid the regulation of the body’s absorption and use of minerals such as calcium and phosphorus. Actually, there are many things about ultraviolet rays and all but I’m not good at it, eh? Enough for the loads of details, what I’m gonna say in the end is… my joyride was successful, I felt great right after, and I wind up shocked! hehe… because when I changed my shirt, there was a dark mark on my anterior and posterior upper area. Maybe I was too much exposed to sunlight that it left me with memorable outline!! Thus, lesson learned: when you’re out planning to have an exercise or whatever and you know that somehow you’ll be expose to sunshine…. wear some sleeves!!! (sleeveless shirt not allowed, please…)

This entry was posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 at Thursday, May 22, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

0 comments